News Updates about IPL 2018 Auctions
It has been all over the news that in this IPL 2018 Auctions MS Dhoni and Suresh Raina will be retained by Chennai Super Kings and Steven Smith will be Retained by Rajasthan Royals.
There is still not conformation from either of the Players or the Team Franchise and It will be the question mark till the date of IPL 2018 Auctions.
Things are going to be quite different in this IPL 2018 Auctions as each Team Franchise have a right to retain 5 Players from their IPL 2017 Players List from their team and all the IPL team franchise has a right to make the first choice that is the Right to Match (RTM) during IPL 2018 Auctions.
Also see IPL 2018 Retained Players List
Salary Limit for IPL 2018 Auctions
Unlike to the previous seasons, IPL 2018 has salary Limit beyond 66 crores. In IPL 2018 Auctions the maximum Salary each team franchise can spend is defined upto 80 crores.
This time Star Sports have IPL 2018 Media Rights and the IPL 2018 Auctions soon be started shortly as the IPL Owners meeting.
In IPL 2017 the two teams Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals did not participated but both of them are back in IPL 2018. Both the teams are looking to retain their team players whereas Dhoni has made his choice to be in Chennai Super Kings according to many press meets he had spoken to.
IPL 2018 Auctions schedule
The auctions date is not yet defined however there are some updates about IPL 2018 Auctions.
Updates about IPL 2018 Auctions
- Earlier this season MS Dhoni’s return to Chennai Super Kings was opposed by Kolkata Knight Riders and Rajasthan Royals. Which had shown that the two franchise were not agree with the retention policy.
- Shane Bond is going to hold the eyeing coaching role in IPL 2018
- Few Shares like Sun TV are expected to rise as the IPL revenue is expected to rise this season.
Also see IPL Points Table (2018 – 2017)
Media Auction Result in IPL 2018 Auctions
Star India has won the IPL 2018 Media Rights for 5 years starting from the year 2018.
Star Sports has won the Media Auction with the net global bid worth of ₹ 16347.5 crore by dominating the second top bid of 11058 crore from Sony.
There were other bidders Airtel, Reliance jio, Times Internet, Econet Media Group, Be In Sports, BAM Tech, Yupp TV, Super Sports, Followon Interactive, Perform Group and Facebook.
Biggest question for IPL 2018 teams and players list
Many big questions has been either answered by the players in media or has been disclosed.
There are still few important questions which the entire nation wants to know.
- Is there any possibility for Vijay Mallya to visit India for IPL 2018 Auctions ?
- Is it going to be a fresh bidding for players like MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma etc ?
- Will there be common set of rules for the Auction ?
- How many players does the IPL Team Franchise have a right to retain in IPL 2018 ?
- In case if ipl 2018 retained players list does not have the names like MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Rohit sharma, Chris Gayle and they are in the open IPL Auction then who is going to get the highest price in the bidding.
Results from IPL 2017 Auctions
The highest bid price of ₹ 14 crore from Rising Pune was fetched by the allrounder Ben Strokes from england. Ben Strokes is now considered as the most expensive foreign player in the whole IPL History.
Meanwhile another Player Tymal Mills from England held the bid of ₹ 12 crore by Royal Challengers Banglore.